05 February 2007

CRAB LUMPIA (Spring Rolls)



As you may know by now, I don't really measure the ingredients I use with many of the dishes I cook. Especially with those that call for a mixture of ground meat, minced vegetables, spices etc. To be made into patties, rolls or loafs. It's mostly a trial and error thing for me. What I usually do is to mix the ingredients, fry a small sample and see if I got the right balance of flavor.
For this dish, I tried searching for a Lumpiang Alimango recipe in the web but the results I got were not much to my liking. So I just thought of ingredients that can go with the crab and still get an end product that will be in the likeness of lumpiang shanghai. And yet, at the same time it will boldly announce with each bite that it's crab meat in there.

What's In It: (please note that all measurement are by approximation only adjust as you please)
2 c cups Crab meat
1/2 cup minced Onion
1 tbsp. finely minced Garlic
1 Potato finely diced
1 stalk Celery finely diced
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 Egg beaten
Spring roll (Lumpia) wrapper

How It's Done:
Mix all ingredients (except lumpia wrapper of course). Wrap lumpia. Fry until golden brown. Serve with sweet and sour dipping sauce.

For this lumpia we used the store bought sweet chili sauce that can usually be found at asian stores/supermarkets.

No comments: